Updated March 18, 2019
Information comes from online sites, including realtor.com and Triad MLS, individual real estate agents and Guilford County tax records. All information is believed to be accurate but is subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed. If you notice any omissions or changes in status, please email the CHNA real estate editor.
305 S. Mendenhall Street
The Stokes-Dees House
- $324,900 (originally listed at $329,900)
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,470 square feet
- Price/square foot: $132
- Built in 1918
- Listed August 4, 2018
- Last sale: $31,000, October 1978
- Celebrity Connection: The house was owned from 1933-53 by Rigdon O. Dees, M.D., grandfather of Rigdon Osmond Dees III.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,722 square feet
- Price/square foot: $163
- Built in 1923
- Listed January 10, 2019 (zillow.com only)
- Last sale: $77,500, May 1996
- Note: Rental
- A Zillow “Make Me Move” listing: “The owner of this home is interested in selling for the price posted.” It’s not listed with MLS or a real estate agency.
- County property records show the house with 1,722 square feet; the listing says 2,000.
216 S. Tate Street
contract pending as of February 25, 2019
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2,055 square feet
- Price/square foot: $111
- Built in 1923
- Listed February 14, 2019
- Last sale: $170,000, March 2005
- Note: Currently a rental.
- The house is in the College Hill Historic District. Historic-district zoning prohibits dividing single-unit houses into multiple units. Citywide zoning prohibits more than four unrelated persons from occupying a single unit.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,952 square feet
- Price/square foot: $131
- Built in 1900
- Listed September 24, 2018
- Last sale: $113,900, July 2004
- Note: Single-family home divided into two apartments.
- For sale by owner
Condos and townhouses
None currently listed for sale