UNCG will hold a day-long event for new students, called Nav1Gate, on Monday August 19. Since the event involves large numbers of students walking from one place to another on and around the campus, several streets will be closed for all or part of the day. For drivers who will be only passing by or through campus, the main issue will be the closing of the on-campus section of Spring Garden Street from noon to about 1:30 p.m. Also, a block of Glenwood Avenue will be closed at the same time. Note that the section of Walker Avenue that will be closed is entirely on campus.
Nav1Gate — Monday, August 19, 2019
Traffic Plan/Road Closures
These streets will be closed at the specified times. All major crossing points will be staffed by uniformed traffic officers.
- West Drive from Gray Drive to Walker Avenue will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m.
- Walker Avenue eastbound will be closed at Kenilworth Street from 7:30 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m. Traffic will be allowed to turn right onto Kenilworth Street to enter the Walker Parking Deck from Theta Street.
- Stirling Street northbound will be closed at Theta Street from 7:30 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m. Traffic will be allowed to turn left onto Theta Street to enter the Walker Parking Deck from Theta Street.
- Spring Garden Street from Tate Street to Kenilworth Street on campus will be closed from noon to about 1:30 p.m.
- Forest Street between Oakland Avenue and Spring Garden Street will be closed from noon to about 1:30 p.m
- Glenwood Avenue between Haywood Street and West Gate City Boulevard will be closed from noon to about 1:30 p.m.
- The few parking spots in front of the Foust Building on Administrative Drive will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to about 12:30 p.m. They will be available once students have cleared the area.
- College Avenue will be closed to vehicles (except emergency vehicles) until students have cleared the area in the afternoon.