- Here’s the map of where they’ll be working (PDF).
- Homeowners whose trees will be affected have been notified.
- The Certificate of Appropriateness that was granted to Duke is still in effect.
- They plan to begin on Tate and McIver “at the beginning of next week” (week of May 12).
- Smaller side streets like Carr and Rankin will be closed while Duke is working on them.
- City Forester Judson Clinton and Mike Cowhig of the Historic District program walked the route of the trimming with people from Duke. Several trees were marked for removal. They were inspected, and Mike says it is clear they need to come out because of their condition and/or location. Duke will be following ANSI pruning standards, for what that’s worth.
- Contact person for Duke is Jason Combs, Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist, 336 312-0256, click for email.
Our website is a resource for College Hill residents and anyone interested in our neighborhood and historic district. The blog on our home page or our welcome page are places to start.
The College Hill Neighborhood Guide
Next Recycling Collection
Recycling and bulk trash are collected every other Friday. The next pickups will be:
- Friday November 3
- Friday November 17
- Friday December 1
Garbage and yard waste are collected every Friday. Click here for details.
Next CHNA & HPC Meetings
- College Hill
Monday December 4, 7 p.m.
Monday January 29, 2024
Meetings are held as Zoom teleconferences: Click here to login.
- Historic Preservation
Wednesday December 6 (combined November-December meeting)
Wednesday January 31, 2024
Meetings are held in the Plaza Level Conference Room, Melvin Municipal Building, 300 W. Washington Street.
- College Hill
Note to Realtors and Prospective Home Buyers
Isn’t There Anything to Do Around Here?
The Weatherspoon is open. There’s music on Tate Street, and we’re close to downtown, the Coliseum and most of Greensboro’s other arts and entertainment venues.
Get in Touch